There are many ways to protect your health. Below are some preventive health measures that may help you start a conversation about preventive health actions at your next doctor’s visit.
- Screening and brief counseling by doctors on use of tobacco products.
- Routine colorectal-cancer screening (for adults 50 and older)
- Hypertension screening
- Annual flu shots
- Immunization of adults 65 and older against bacteria that cause pneumonia and related diseases.
- Screening and brief counseling of problem drinkers by their physicians.
- Vision screening
- Cervical cancer screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Routine breast-cancer screening
- Obesity screening, and diet and exercise counseling
- Depression screening
- Hearing-impairment screening (for adults 65 and over).
Source: Information provided by the Partnership for Prevention, a membership organization advancing policies and practices to prevent disease and improve the health of all Americans. Prevent.org